Jellyfish - PowerPoint™ ebook is a simple information book about the rainforest environment for Pre-KG, KG and grade one children. It has been created with the reluctant or emergent reader in mind and introduces them to key high frequency words. The text is repetitive and simple subject specific language. Pictures and sentences are written to prompt discussion and designed to be an easy read that can be revisited over and over. There are two digital versions of this product so that you can choose how your student receives the document. There are some unavoidable technical language and this should provide the chance for children to clarify meaning. This is great for paperless teaching, although there is an option to print flashcards if needed.
- A PowerPoint slides ebook
- Printable Pdf version included
- Printable flashcards to reinforce key words used in the text.
If you would like a Google Slides version click here.
- These PowerPoint slides ebooks are good basic readers for children who are starting to recognize and read words.
- The text is simple and a quick read - perfect for rotating with books (bundle) and helping children feel a sense of achievement. My students like to whizz through books and revisit them.
- Children who like non-fiction books should enjoy this book.
- This ebook are also great for 'warming up' readers who are a little out of practice or who have lost a little confidence. Sight words /high frequency words that are being used in class are featured here.
- At the beginning of this ebook there is a list of key words that are the focus of each book to remind the adult who is supervising the reading with view to independent reading.
- There are vocabulary repeats to help children make text connections and build familiarity with sight words and helping children to retain key words.
- 5 to 10 minutes reading every day is key to boosting reluctant or emergent readers and help them build vocabulary without losing motivation.
When teaching nursery / pre KG, some children are ready to read but I found that some of the books were just too wordy.
This book is aimed at children who like pictures and focuses on the key sight words / high frequency words. Repetition and familiarity with vocabulary is the main focus and to build confidence.
This book is in a Google slides format so great for small group, individual table learning or for distance learning. There is a section in the back for adults to record words understood or words to learn or to comment.