If you are teaching about environmental issues, there is a lot of information for students to process. This non-prep lesson focuses on endangered animals. Children will be able to learn about what qualifies as an endangered animal and the important role poaching, deforestation and other human actions and events play in deciding the fate of many beautiful animals. The slides are colorful and full of information. It's a useful addition to any unit of work about the environment. This pack also touches upon animals that have already become extinct. There are duplicates of some slides depending on whether you prefer to use U.S. English or British English, simply delete the slide that contains the spelling that is not applicable to you. There are opportunities for children to answer questions, both structured and unstructured, to express their views and to do some research (under the supervision of a responsible adult if they are learning from home). This is a useful resource for distance learning, whole class teaching or for instruction in small groups using a device.
This is a PowerPoint™ based resource if you would like a Google Slides™ version please click here
Presentation: 99 page slide presentation with questions for students.
- What does 'endangered' mean?
- Endangered animals
- What is poaching?
- Why are some animals poached?
- The most endangered animals
- Climate change and animals
- Biodiversity explained
- Grévy's zebra
- The vulture - why is it so unpopular and why is it endangered?
- Looking at some endangered species
- Why are animals endangered?
- How do animals become endangered?
- Sorting activity.
- Thinking about an endangered animals.
- Odd one out activities.
- Quick quiz.
- Human impact .
- Exploring an animal of your choice.
- Extinct animals.
Poster design prep.
Worksheets - pdf pack - 20 pages
- Endangered animals activities
- True or false
- Placard design
- Panda bear information and missing word comprehension
- Vulture foldable
- Writing frames
- Why are these animals poached? (foldable)