This is a simple digital google slides ebook about birds and explaining what makes a bird for pre-KG, KG and grade one children.
- One version of this PowerPoint slides ebook.
- Pdf version included
If you would like the Google slides version of this product click here.
- These google slides ebooks are good basic readers for children who are starting to recognize and read words.
- The text is simple and a quick read - perfect for rotating with books here (bundle) and helping children feel a sense of achievement. My students like to whizz through books and revisit them.
- Children who like non-fiction books should enjoy this book about birds.
- This ebook are also great for 'warming up' readers who are a little out of practice or who have lost a little confidence. Sight words /high frequency words that are being used in class are featured here.
- At the beginning of this ebook there is a list of key words that are the focus of each book to remind the adult who is supervising the reading with view to independent reading.
- There are vocabulary repeats to help children make text connections and build familiarity with sight words and helping children to retain key words.
- Pictures of real life animals should capture the attention of children who are not drawn to fiction books and link to a science topic about birds and what makes a bird a bird!
When teaching nursery / pre KG, some children are ready to read but I found that some of the books were just too wordy.
This book is aimed at children who like pictures and focuses on the key sight words / high frequency words. Repetition and familiarity with vocabulary is the main focus and to build confidence.
This book is in a Google slides format so great for small group, individual table learning or for distance learning. There is a section in the back for adults to record words understood or words to learn or to comment.